Viale Tanara 31/A
Experimental Station For The Food Preserving IndustrySSICA - now special Agency of the Chamber of Commerce in Parma, is an Institute for applied research, established in Parma in 1922 and operating on a national scale with the specific aim of promoting the technical and technological progress in the Italian fruit, vegetable, meat and fish processing industry. In 1999 SSICA was transformed into a public economic institution with important legal, operational and administrative modifications which, however, have left its mission and functions unchanged. To date SSICA is one of the most important institutions of applied research in the food preservation sector existing in Europe and in the world.
• pre-competitive industrial research and development
• analysis, testing and experimentation of products, processes and new technologies
• consultancy for enterprises, public authorities and public institutions
• technical and scientific dissemination of knowledge and documentation as well as promotion of quality in the meat, fish, fruit and vegetable preserving sectors
• training of personnel destined for working in the above sectors
• participation in technical standardisation activities
• carrying out of specific activities entrusted by regional, national and supernational bodies.
INTERNAL ORGANISATION : At the two Parma and Angri seats, SSICA presents a functional division between the technical-scientific, administration and communication areas. The technical-scientific area is structured as follows: Meat products ; Fish products ; Vegetable products ; Microbiology ; Consumer science ; Packaging ; Production technologies, chemical safety, environment, quality assurance.
back to list